**Changes Effective Immediately in Firearms Application Process**
Please click on the link to read the change in process on obtaining a firearms application information, here
All firearms applications can now be completed online at https://www.njportal.com/NJSP/fars
- Applicants should have a printer attached to print any necessary paperwork.
- The system will ask for the “ORI Number”.Mount Holly Township Police Department’s ORI Number is NJ0032400.
- Please ensure that the agency ORI is correct on the form. If an incorrect ORI number is entered on the form, you will NOT receive a FID Card or a Permit To Purchase. You will then have to reapply using the correct ORI number and pay for the process again. A REFUND CANNOT AND WILL NOT BE ISSUED.
- Applicants should have handy, any necessary identification for completion of the application, along with contact information for two (2) references, including their email (must have an email address) and phone numbers.
- If you have never been fingerprinted before, for Mount Holly Township, for firearms purposes, you will need to go for fingerprinting with the Universal Fingerprint Form that will be generated after successful submission of this form.
- However, if you have been fingerprinted before, for Mount Holly Township, for firearms purposes, upon completion of this form and payment, you would have completed both S.T.S 033 and 212A requirements.
- You must come to the Police Department to pay for your initial FID Card and/or handgun Permits to Purchase right after submitting your online application. Your application WILL NOT be processed until you have PAID for the FID Card and/or Permits to Purchase. You will be notified as to when your FID Card and Handgun Permits are available for pickup. Again, payment for the FID Card and Purchasers Permit are due prior to the completion of your background check and the payment is not refundable if you are denied for any reason. (As per NJAC 13:54-1.4)
- Non-refundable payment is required to be made prior to the completion of the background as per NJAC 13:54-1.4.Firearms Identification Card: $5.00 Handgun permits to purchase: $2.00 each
- Automated emails will be sent to you throughout this process.
- Once your application and investigation is complete you will be contacted by our department to pick up your FID Card and/or permits To Purchase.
- Please advise your references that the FARS system will email them the reference questions to be answered. Your references can complete the questions using a Smartphone, mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. Please advise them to complete the questions immediately to progress your background investigation.
- The online application is applicant driven. Please ensure that you have entered the best contact information (phone numbers & email addresses) for yourself and references.
If there are any questions in regards to the new procedures, please contact Police Records at (609) 845-1100 Ext. 102 or 120.